Thursday 14 August 2014

Small Space

Allen Ginsberg writes about practising Tai Chi in his poem " In My Kitchen in New York" 1984.

I love it because it mirrors the many thoughts that come and go in practise. Also because I frequently practise in my kitchen when the weather prevents me from going outside.

When learning the form it is usually best if you have a space large enough so you don't need to make adjustments.

Later on you can practise an entire form in a very small space by understanding single weightedness and making adjustment steps in accordance with that principle. It is possible to practise a series of postures almost on the spot. Might film that at some point and post it.

Here is a kitchen I recently practised the entire Cheng Man Ching form in.



No comments:

Post a Comment